Based in Berlin, Germany
February 23rd, 2016
In SwapQuest, you play as Prince Wilbert or Princess Wilma to find the holy sword Aventuril in order to defend the kingdom from the evil Horde that has invaded the land. You have to swap the tiles to build a road for the prince/princess. Collect gems, fight monsters, buy or find equipment, avoid traps, but above all don't get caught by the horde at the bottom of the screen. The game features an epic journey through over a dozen different areas, each with their own unique enemies, special tiles and graphics. A branching path through the game world, two playable characters each with their own strengths, and a customizable character development allow for multiple playthroughs.
The project started in May 2013 with a simple prototype, which already included many of the core elements of the game. In October, a new artist, Jussi Simpanen, was found for the ambitious game and he gave the game the visual character it needed to emphasize all the nostalgic elements SwapQuest has. In order to include most of the planned features, the game had to be delayed several times, postponing the release over a year behind the initial schedule.
- Pick-up-and-play mechanics bundled with complex rpg elements
- Over a dozen places to explore, each with their own enemies and hazards
- Two characters with unique strengths and weaknesses
- 6 classes to choose from that evolve over the course of the game
- Vibrant pixel art and an enchanting soundtrack
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Gamescom in Cologne" 2nd Winner of the Big Indie Pitch 2013
- "Develop Conference in Brighton" Winner of the Indie Showcase 2014
- "Casual Connect Europe in Amsterdam" Nominee for the Indie Prize 2015
- "IMGA in San Francisco" Nominee for the IMGA (International Mobile Gaming Awards) 2015
- "SwapQuest effortlessly takes the tile-swapping mechanics of the classic puzzle game Pipe Mania and turns it into a beautiful, addictive, mobile role-playing experience."
- Daniel Crawley, GamesBeat
- "[SwapQuest] amazes with its spot-on graphics and addictive gameplay."
- Merijn De Boer, TouchGen
- "I don't think I would have ever thought to take the pipe-fitting puzzle mechanics of Pipe Dream and blend it with an RPG, but that's basically what the upcoming SwapQuest is all about, and it's such a brilliant fit I can't believe I haven't seen it done before."
- Jared Nelson, TouchArcade
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Music by André Weiß symphonicsquare.bandcamp.com.
Rebusmind is a young and passionate indie game developer working on Android, iOS and PC games. Rebusmind strives to create games with a unique touch and a fresh feeling, be it casual or hardcore.
More information on Rebusmind, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Game Design, Rebusmind
Art Design, AdventureIslands